EPOC 6011:961.794 - Note 16.

[Note 16.]

I have packed some supplies to my surface capsule - mostly water tanks and protein bars. The most of P0012_P1_0005's surface is covered by desert and I expect to encounter harsh environment down there. I'm almost ready to go, but first I have to deal with my vimana drive.
I have noticed recently a slightly decreased energetic efficiency of the main reactor while travelling in subspace resulting in higher Li+ ions consumption. My starboard computer's self-diagnostics routines hadn't been able to point out where the problem lies, thus my engine was left as it were - at 99.7519% of its normal operational duty cycle and I have to fix the problem myself. Right now I can only think of two causes - polarized power couplings or overcharged capacitors. The latter shouldn't even occur normally, because caps can get overcharged only if the radiation shielding is damaged or punctured, which can result in overcharge caused by highly energetic particles bombarding the caps' uncovered socket mounts instead of their shield.
Normally, I would go for checking power couplings first, but since I have been to a few highly radiated systems before - like P0003 or P0011 it might be worth checking the shielding instead. I do really hope that the caps are the cause, because repairing radiation shielding is quite simple and straightforward and when you finish it - caps are discharged and calibrated automatically after the system reset, while depolarizing power couplings is much more complicated and exhausting thus more time-consuming task. And I don't have time to lose.
I think that the monoliths and pyramids are the key to solving the great mystery. Actually, I heard that their main purpose is to point a way to an ancient Felisian planet with a vault hiding plans to build intergalactic relay station powerful enough to create a local singularity field that can be used to travel between the galaxies. This sounds quite probable to me. Most of the Felisians have disappeared without a trace and all the folks left are the other Stardrifters mapping the galaxy, just like me. At least these folks who I'm aware of.
Missing Felisians may have built that station or device - or whatever it really was - and jumped to another galaxy leaving no trace behind, because the singularity field that was left by them in Feltyrion destroyed the relay (or transfered it too) and then vanished, thus covering any tracks.

Note index: [go]

No comments:

Post a Comment